Tragedy struck the Slater household twice this weekend.
Let me share:
After taking my niece and nephew home I came home.
I walked into a perfectly clean kitchen and living room.
---I started to think how LUCKY I was, and how sweet husband was to clean up.---
And then I went in to finish the laundry...
And, there was no laundry to be seen.
[This is when I started to panic.]
I opened the dryer to find EVERYTHING inside.
I almost cried.
He shrunk a few of my favorite shirts, ruined a bra, destroyed my favorite Alabama sleep shirt
[that I JUST got for Christmas], etc.
But I knew he meant no harm and was just trying to help, so instead of getting mad,
I remembered that they were just clothes,No big deal.
(Oh yeah, and that we are going to Chicago this weekend where there is an H&M so I can replace the damaged goods!)
After that little mishap, I waited and waited for him to get home. He had gone to South Bend to take the California medical laws test (because we are really hoping to be moving there at the end of next month!) When he was late getting home, I called him, and found out he had gotten a little lost and would be home soon. Two and half hours after he was supposed to be home he walked through the door. He brought me some chik-fil-a from South Bend to make up for shrinking my clothes, and as I went to hug him I noticed he smelled...funny. Like smoke, or fire.
Me: *making face*
Me: You smell funny.
Me: Like, FIRE. Why?
Husband: Well, you know I got lost? I ended up driving past these amish people and they were burning the freaking side of the highway! They were having a hill burn and the flames were like 2 feet from my car. It had to be illegal. I tried to turn my vents off but they were so close, and they were just standing there in their overalls and dumb black hats. And I almost hit their stupid carriage that was going like 10 miles and hour on the road. And now I smell like fire.
And now, for a paddle boat TRAGEDY:
After changing into less smoky clothes, he begged me to go out on the paddle boat with him. It was 34 degrees outside. I said no, but he persisted and, of course, got his way. We looked like two big dummies, in ski clothes paddling around a lake on this ancient boat that looks like a prop at a mini golf place:
|Most ghetto paddle boat in existence.|
We did get to paddle around the lake and see a few really cool houses. You can see the fancy ones HERE , HERE & HERE. A haunted one, HERE. A redneck one, HERE. And one with my husband's initials which he though was really cool.
We had almost made it around the entire lake and back to our cottage when....we heard a little POP and then are legs were peddling very fast and we were going no where. Yep, the chain fell off.
|Husband investigating if he could fix it...|
|The water had been FROZEN the week before. It was COLD.|
|Poor guy had to push us back to our cottage.|
|Polar bear plunge?|
After we got back to our cottage and he got inside and warmed up he said his legs burned and itched for about twenty minutes. I can see how people get hypothermia in like, 5 minutes. Yikes. We decided to play it safe the rest of the night so we went into town and got a movie. And when you live in Sturgis, you can go out in public dressed like THIS and THIS and no one thinks twice.